September 1, 2009
You can announce your pledge anytime, many will do it between September 19th and 29th.
Find the first draft of a press release here for your national press announcement (doc) here.
We recommend that you prepare the following:
- a press release, you are welcome to use the draft we provide above
- invite journalists to a press conference
- help to translate the website, so that the landing page for your country can be launched soon
Ask you chaperon, your organization or your teacher for help. Adults are generally very supportive and should be happy to assist you.
We will provide the following:
- launch a new website with sub pages for each country until September 19th
- provide campaign t-shirts
- organize a media event in Salzburg (world-commons-forum.org) on September 29th 2009, you're welcome to join the event where Austria and some other countries will announce their pledge of a million trees. The password to sign in is collective-intelligence
- uploaded the short film to Youtube, with the subtitles you provided
This article is over a year old and may not reflect latest facts and figures. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
“Changing the direction of the rhino”: using scientific standards to strengthen restoration and fight the climate crisis“Top restoration projects” now visible on the Plant-for-the-Planet platform “One mosquito can do nothing against a rhino,” our founder Felix Finkbeiner once said during…
Our Platform Projects Interviewed: Home for Trees – Restoring Drought-induced Forest Loss in Czech RepublicNot often do you associate drought with Europe but climate crisis impacts are sparing no one though some regions are more impacted. This is…
Fires on Las Américas 7 and 6: an overview of eventsIn late March and early April 2023, several fires occurred in different parts of our restoration sites in Yucatan, Mexico (the Las Américas 7a,…
Our water, our lifeOn the occasion of this year’s World Water Day, Simon, our long-time ambassador for climate justice, was invited to the exhibition and talk session…
UN Water Week in New York 2023: Our ambassador Jule Schnakenberg participated and reportsDid you know that “26% of the world’s population, approximately two billion people, do not have access to safe drinking water, and 3.6 billion…
Our platform projects interviewed: Tse-Xin Organic Agriculture Foundation – Restoring the Coastlines of Taiwan and the Deserts in MongoliaIn many cities that are close to sea level, the threats of climate crisis are in more ways than one. Coastal erosion is not…