Do you want to deepen your involvement with Plant-for-the-Planet?
Do you want to take extensive action to fight the climate crisis?
Do you want to inspire children worldwide and represent their interests?
Then apply for the Plant-for-the-Planet Global Boards 2013/2014!
Again, there will be two Global Boards: one for the Children’s Initiative, for children aged from 8 to 14 and one for the Youth Initiative, for young people aged from 15 to 21 years. Together they will represent the Plant-for-the-Planet Initiative, which invites everyone around the world to become a member.
In each of the Global Boards there will be 14 members who represent 7 different world regions. You can be a part of it too. Exchange ideas and opinions with people from around the world and help to take Plant-for-the-Planet into the future!
- trained Climate Justice Ambassador or high level of motivation to lobby for climate justice
- joy in inspiring children and youth
- aged between 8 to 14 (children’s Global Board) or from 15 to 21 years (youth Global Board) as of the 1st of July 2012
- availability between the 1st of July 2012 and 30th of June 2013 for the monthly board meetings of the Global Board via the Internet
- good English skills to participate actively in the monthly sessions of the Global Board (per Internet)
- one adult coordinator (e.g. a parent) if you are a minor
You have until 22 March 2013 to apply to sit on one of the Global Boards. The candidates be presented on our website, if possible with a video message. Then, every Plant-for-the-Planet member with voting rights has until 19 April 2013 to register their online votes for each of the Global Boards. From these elected board members, the Global Presidents and Vice-Global Presidents will be elected. They are voted for in a second round of voting from 20-27 April 2013.
The new Presidents and Vice-Presidents will be presented at the Plant-for-the-Planet Annual Meeting in Munich. The handover from the old Global Boards to the new takes place in June, and the new Global Board takes office on 1 July 2013.
or send us an email with your name and date of birth: [email protected]
At a later date we will ask you to present yourself in more detail and tell the other members your motivation and goals.
The current Global Board members can be seen here.
This article is over a year old and may not reflect latest facts and figures. If you have any questions, please contact media[at]plant-for-the-planet.org